It was a fantastic day, with more than 700 people coming through into our main Derriford Centre for Health and Wellbeing event, which included dozens of services on show as well as a Careers Fair. We also had our Plym Theatres Unit open so people could step inside a modern operating theatre (and see what one looked like in the past), take their teddy bears to the Teddy Bear Hospital and Plymouth Marjon University opened up their sports therapy facilities in support of the event.
We had so much on show – hopefully these pictures tell some of the story.
More photos can be found on Facebook.
Staff and visitors alike seemed to enjoy the day. Did you come along? If you came as a visitor we want to know what you thought about the event. Please can you take two minutes to answer the following quick questions: https://www.oc-meridian.com/plymouthnhs/survey/OpenDay2018
I’d like to wrap the event up by saying a few thanks to everyone who makes this type of big event possible, in particular:
- All our colleagues and volunteers within University Hospitals Plymouth who gave up their weekends to showcase their services, including our military colleagues
- Our fantastic staff at the Derriford Centre for Health and Wellbeing (as well as those in Site Services)
- Colleagues from Indigo and Warrens
- The students of Scott Medical and Healthcare College who acted as volunteers to help the day go so smoothly
- Colleagues from University of Plymouth who brought their services along to showcase
- All of those partners who contributed to our Careers Fair
A very big thank you.
Here’s to another 70 years of the #NHS so we can have even more to celebrate in the future!
Head of Communications